By enrolling in a course on UC San Diego Online, you are joining a global community of learners. UC San Diego Online is intended to provide a global community of learners with access to the research and scholarship underway at UC San Diego. By enrolling in a course on UC San Diego Online, you are joining this community, which has the highest standard of academic integrity. To participate in any courses or programs, you must agree to the Honor Code below and any additional policies specific to the course or program.
All academic work for UC San Diego Online courses and programs will be done by the individual to whom it's assigned, without unauthorized aid of any kind.
By registering in an online course, I agree that I will:
- Rely solely on my own work in connection with all assessments, problems, homework and assignments (unless collaboration is expressly permitted);
- Complete all tests and assignments on my own, unless collaboration on an assignment is explicitly permitted;
- Acknowledge any and all external sources used in my work;
- Maintain only one user account;
- Not let anyone else use my username and/or password;
- Not engage in any activity that would dishonestly improve my results, or improve or hurt the results of others;
- Not post answers to problems that are being used to assess learner performance.
If you are found in violation of the Terms of Service or Honor Code, you may be subject to one or more of the following actions:
- Receiving a zero or no credit for an assignment;
- Having any Statements of Accomplishment earned in the course or program withheld or revoked;
- Being unenrolled from a course or program;
- Termination of your use of UC San Diego Online;
- Additional actions may be taken at the sole discretion of UC San Diego and UC San Diego Online course providers.
No refunds will be issued in the case of any corrective action for such violations.
You can report a suspected violation of the Honor Code via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the following:
- Course or program title;
- Name of learner with suspected violation;
- Nature of violation.
Honor Code violations will be determined at the sole discretion of UC San Diego Online. You will be notified if a determination has been made that you have violated this Honor Code and you will be informed of the corresponding action to be taken as a result of the violation.
CHANGING THE HONOR CODE
Please note that we review and may make changes to this Honor Code from time to time. Any changes to this Honor Code will be effective immediately upon posting on this page, with an updated effective date. By accessing UC San Diego Online after any changes have been made, you signify your agreement on a prospective basis to the modified Honor Code and any changes contained therein. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Honor Code.
Effective Date: February 14, 2020